Ming Li Tan is the co-founder of exhale - a healing space curated as a safe and grounding environment for people to rest, relax and release. She is also a Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher/ Reiki Master/ Craniosacral Practitioner/ Lululemon Ambassador.
As a past corporate warrior, Ming Li dabbled in various yoga classes while being based in Thailand over ten years ago. These classes intensified as the time on the mat seem to fill a gnawing need for self-awareness and connection with the divine. Going through life’s upheavals resulted in physical ailments that no doctor could diagnose and led Ming Li on a quest for self-healing when she journeyed do traditional yoga teachers’ training program in an Indian ashram.
Continuing on the road less travelled, she delved into many healing modalities like reiki, somatic work, vipassana meditation and craniosacral therapy. In a series of synchronicities, she discovered the healing practice developed by Ana T. Forrest, known as Forrest Yoga. Forrest Yoga incorporates yoga asanas, breath work, mindfulness and intuitive energy at a physical and emotional level to help & heal people from all walks of life.
This discovery was the culmination of years of exploration in the search for destiny’s path. Ming Li is currently one of the rare certified Forrest Yoga teachers in Asia and has travelled to assist Ana Forrest in several workshops in New Zealand, Hong Kong and of course, Singapore. She is also a Reiki Master teacher, facilitating regular reiki workshops, in addition to providing private therapy sessions.
With that, Ming Li finally found home in three specific modalities focusing on somatic & emotional release work that complement each other, and her connection with clients and students – Forrest Yoga, Usui Reiki & Integrative bodywork.
Within the exhale community, Ming Li prefers to assume the role of a facilitator, sharing from a place of authenticity and providing a safe space to guide students & clients through their own journey. At the same time, she also challenges them to explore their edge while being at peace with the unknown. This tough love comes from a desire to empower people eventually to take charge of their healing, and have fun falling and picking themselves up.
Ming Li's next project is to develop the "exhale foundation" - a social arm that serves to bring healing modalities like yoga, mindfulness & reiki to under-served communities in a sustainable and compassionate way. The initial focus is on the special needs community, seniors and those with mental health challenges. She is currently an ambassador of the International Accessible Yoga movement and relishes the opportunity to spread this movement in Singapore.
Who knows what the universe will bring next ?
Significant Complementary certification & courses
- Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training – Level 2 Certified Forrest Yoga Teacher (2015-2018)
- Yin Yoga – 30hr Training for Yoga teachers by Dhugal Meacham (2017)
- Therapeutic Yoga for Children – 50hr Advanced Teacher training by Global Family Yoga (2015)
- Diploma in Yoga Education, Distinction First class - Yoga Vidya Gurukul, India (2013)
- Usui Reiki - Reiki Master, Usui Reiki by Reiki Master Teacher Elaine Grundy (2014-2017)
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy: Stillness Touch Mentorship by Giorgia Milne (2018-2020 ongoing)
- Visionary Craniosacral certification C1 & C2 by Hugh Milne (2017)
- Sound healing through Ancient Tibetan Singing Bowls & Self healing by Akiko Igarashi (2019)
- Vipassana Meditation – 10 Days residential program (2015)
- TRE – Tension Releasing Exercise ™ by founder David Berceli (2014)