Classes & workshops
I’m a beginner. What kind of classes are suitable for me?
To kickstart your yoga practice, we would recommend attending the Intro to Yoga & Mobility series of classes or the weekly Forrest Yoga basics. Private 1-on-1 sessions are also available. Here are other options to consider
What do I need to prepare before I come for class
Dress in comfortable clothes that won’t restrict your movement and avoid anything that’s too baggy. All our classes are done with bare feet. For hygiene purposes please bring a yoga mat or towel (available for purchase if you don’t own one) and you may wish to bring a bottle for water which you can top up at our pantry.
How big are the classes?
Our classes and workshops are generally between 6-8 participants. This is also to adhere to the current COVID-19 safe-distancing guidelines.
I’m not flexible, can I still come for yoga?
Yes of course! Flexibility is over-rated! In fact not being flexible is precisely why you should come for yoga. Our focus at exhale is to bring more awareness to your body, connecting your breath and how you feel in your mind & body.
What if I have an injury or medical condition?
Do let the teacher know at the start of the class so that they can provide suitable modifications and the use of props to help you in your practice.
During this period, please note that if you
– Feel unwell with any cough, cold or fever symptoms, please notify us immediately.
– have travelled overseas in the last 14 days, please only attend studio sessions AFTER the period, even if you are not placed on Stay home notice/quarantine
We trust that you will honour our space and make the right choices for the safety of our community
Can I practice yoga if I’m pregnant
Yoga can be very beneficial during pregnancy, but we recommend starting your practice only after the first trimester. Please inform the teacher at the start of the class so that they can provide suitable modifications.
Can I eat before attending the group classes?
Avoid having a heavy meal before the class as you might feel uneasy while doing some of the poses. A light meal at least two hours before class should be fine.
Do I need to book ?
Bookings are essential. As class sizes are restricted at our cosy studio, making a booking ensures that there will be a spot for you.
What are the cancellation policies?
All cancellations need to be done online. The cancellation windows are
- for weekly boutique yoga classes: you can reschedule or cancel your appointment 4 hours BEFORE the class starts afterwhich a full session is credited.
- for workshops: 1 weeks before the start of the workshop or the first workshop session (for workshop series).
If you currently hold a package with us, the credits will be refunded back to your package upon cancellation of the respective sessions.
If you have purchased the class/workshop as a drop-in rate, there is no refund provided. You can, however, transfer the booking to someone else but do let us know in advance, as we will need to account for the details of all participants in our sessions due to the current climate. Thank you for your understanding.
What is the difference between Reiki Student Clinic & Reiki Circle?
The Reiki Student Clinic is run by trained Reiki practitioners from exhale who have volunteered their time to support the community. In this sessions, you will be allocated to a volunteer who will explain more about what Reiki is, and facilitate the reiki session for you. These are pay-as-you-wish sessions and 100% donations go towards a charity in Singapore.
In 2020, we supported PAVE – which help individuals affected by family violence and runs of public education programs. In 2021, our charity of choice is HealthServe – which provide healing and hope to migrant workers in Singapore. We also have an outreach program where we are providing Reiki to animals at SOSD (Save our Street Dogs). Find out more about our campaigns here
The Reiki Circle is for people who are interested in experiencing Reiki for themselves within a group community setting. All participants will receive a basic attunement which will allow them to exchange Reiki during the session. This is followed by a QnA to address any questions that you may have. We typically have a mix of beginners and regular Reiki practitioners which provides for interesting discussions and conversations.
Are there any prerequisites to attend the Reiki courses?
There are no prerequisites to attend the Reiki Level 1 foundation course. All we ask is that you come with an open and curious mind!
What do I need to wear for a private reiki session?
Do wear something comfortable that is not too tight, or you can bring a change of clothes with you. Your comfort during the Reiki session is priority!
Is there any preparation needed before/after a private reiki session?
Before the Reiki session,
- allow yourself sufficient time to travel to the studio and settle down before the session
- think about any intent or objective that you may have for the Reiki session
- feel free to ask questions and clarify any doubts that you may have
After the Reiki session,
- drink plenty of water
- try not to have a packed schedule after the session, in the event that you may feel tired and need to rest
What are the cancellation policies for private sessions
For private therapy sessions, you can reschedule or change your appointment 12 hours before the session, afterwhich a full session is credited
All cancellations need to be done online.
If you currently hold a package with us, the credits will be refunded back to your package upon cancellation of the session.
If you have purchased the private session as a single drop-in, there is no refund provided. Thank you for your understanding.
How do the class/workshop packages work ?
- Each “credit” refers to the drop-in rate per weekly class (ie. if you do not have a package and would like to attend a single class. This is referred to the “dollar credit“
- These are “dollar credits” for these different class types
- Weekly class (in-studio) : 1 credit, ie. $32
- Online class (virtual) : 0.6 credit, ie. $20
- Community events : 0.5 credits, ie. $16
- Workshops (virtual/in-studio) : Ranges from 1-3 credits, ie. $32-96
- If you have a package with us, you receive discounted rates per credit. The amount of discount is dependent on the package purchased. For ease of reference, we will refer to this as “package credit“
- For example, if you purchase JOY which gives you a total of 24 credits and each “package credit” is $24. This means that the actual amount paid for each weekly class is $24, a discounted rate of 25% off the drop-in rate of $32. Similarly, a workshop that is priced at the “dollar credit” of $64 costs you an actual amount (or package credit) of $48.
How do online sessions work ?
Our online sessions are conducted via Zoom.
- Please download the application on your phone, tablet or laptop in advance. https://zoom.us/download
- If this is your first time using the application, do familiarise yourself with the application before class. Note that you do not need a Zoom account in order to access the sessions.
- Setup the phone, tablet or laptop so that the teacher can see you in full view,
- For private and group yoga sessions: the length of your yoga mat and full height when you are in standing positions.Please get ready your own yoga mat and necessary props.
- For private reiki sessions: you can sit at your sofa/table, whichever is more comfortable for you
- You will receive the Zoom link in your reminder email a few hours before the session starts.
- About 10-15mins before the appointed time, please click on the Zoom link to connect. You can then take this time to ensure that the audio and visuals are ready for the upcoming session.
- We recommend that you turn ON the video and mute your own audio when the class begins so that the background noises do not disturb other participants
- Ta-da! Enjoy your session!
- After the session, feel free to turn on your audio and share any feedback or questions that you may have with the teacher.
What payment options do you accept ?
Are there parking facilities near the studio?
Yes, you can park along Mohd Sultan Road, or turn left just after the studio space to park at Tank Road.
Alternatively, there are covered carpark spaces available at UE Square residences.
Do you have shower facilities?
Yes we do, and towels are available for rent at a small fee (which is donated to support the animal shelter, Noah’s Ark Natural Animal Shelter). For the comfort of everyone please make it a quick one as it’s in the same cubicle as the one and only toilet.