Yoga is not about having a flexible body; it’s about having a flexible mind, and it’s accessible to all of us - Jivana Heyman, founder of Accessible Yoga
“Joel has moderate ASD. Before yoga lessons, he was previously very unsettled, screams when he has sensory overload, stimming and the usuals of ASD kids. After attending a few sessions of yoga which focus on breathing and some core exercises, Joel is more calm. His frequency of stimming and screaming has decreased. He is more aware of his surroundings and will verbalise “ too noisy”. He’s more settled too. Yoga has helped me and Joel greatly. I strongly recommend yoga to special needs children”
– Mum of Joel Lim (Rainbow Centre)
The private yoga & meditation sessions uses foundational principles from yoga, movement & mobility, breathwork and meditation. Classes are customised and adapted to meet your needs regardless of physical or mental health in order to achieve the desired benefits.
Based on your requirements, we may work with a combination of these practices to improve strengthening, flexibility, mobility or stability from a physical standpoint. Specific breathwork & meditation practices may also be incorporated to support your mental & emotional health.
The key is to come with an open heart, disregarding common perceptions of what yoga should be, allowing yourself to build your own connection with your body and mind. And above all, a willingness and commitment to focus on your own overall health and well-being
An introductory intake is conducted with new clients to understand your needs and requirements, as well as objectives and intent for the private accessible yoga sessions.
In consultation with the client, recommendations are made with regard to delivery mode (eg. face-to-face in studio /at home /in office or online), frequency of the sessions and desired milestones.
During the sessions, a variety of props are used to adapt the practice. In addition to the regular yoga props, we also use chairs, the wall, towels, massage balls to tailor to the client’s purpose.
These are the possible options for accessible yoga sessions
- Our dedicated yoga space: with easy access to a range of yoga props, equipment and the space to move beyond the mat
- Home visits: where it is inconvenient for the client to travel (eg. if they are wheel-chair bound or in a nursing home) or have schedule limitations, the private yoga sessions can also take place within the home environment where we will advise on proper spatial considerations (transport cost additional)
- Online : Facilitated over the internet, we will advise on proper viewing angle and setup for these sessions. (For kids with special needs we do not recommend online sessions due to the individual attention and dedicated support required.)
Private Yoga & Meditation sessions can be suitable if you
- Have specific physical injuries (eg. knee injuries, lower back), require dedicated attention, and find it challenging to attend regular group yoga classes
- Have general limitations (eg. wheelchair or bed bound, using a walking stick/walker)
- Prefer a customised program incorporating breathwork, yoga and meditation that is specific to your lifestyle and schedule
- Are interested in developing a personal mindfulness & meditation practice
We have worked with senior citizens, kids with special needs, kids in palliative care, adults with mental health challenges, cancer-recovery patients, and busy senior corporate executives.
Emotional health investment options
- Basic introductory intake
- One hour session
- Face-to-face or online
PackageFive sessions for $690
- *For first-timers only
- 5 Private sessions (up to 2 pple)
- $20 additional per extra pax
- 2 mths validity
PackageTen sessions for $1280
- 10 Private sessions (up to 2 pple)
- $20 additional per extra pax
- 5 mths validity
- Once a week private session
- Weekly progress reviews
- Min. 6 mths subscription